First,there is no wrong way to spray. Whether you prefer the personal airbrush spray tan or you would rather have the VersaSpa Pro do it, we cater to every spray tanning need here at Timeless Tans!
No matter how you like to Spray Tan, Here’s What You Can Expect at Timeless Tans –
- Spray Tan Consultation – When you arrive at Timeless Tans, you will have a consultation with our spray tan technician or tanning consultant to help you decide exactly what color you are hoping to achieve; from a healthy glow, to a light, medium, or dark tan. Then, assessing your natural skin color your technician will tell you if your goal is realistic or make a recommendation. For example if a pale, ivory skinned person wanted to be really dark it would not be recommended, however we could create a really gorgeous medium color tan.
- Private Spray Tan Room – Next you will step into a private room and undress. You may wear your own underwear, disposable ones that we provide, or nothing at all. If you chose to wear your own undergarments or swim suit we recommend bringing something black to ensure it will not become discolored by the spray. Next your nails, palms, and feet will be gently covered with barrier cream to prevent discoloration — we also recommend and provide hair nets if you would like to wear one and if you don’t that’s perfectly fine, too. However we like to spray as close into the hairline as possible for a natural look.
- Hand-Applied Spray Tan For Realistic Tanning Results – You will stand on a towel and our technician will talk you through all the positions you will stand in so that we can tan you all over. – It takes just a couple of minutes to be sprayed and you will just feel a cool misting sensation. There is no need to be anxious about closing your eyes and holding your breath — when the time comes to spray your face the technician will tell you when to close your eyes and take a breath — we will do everything possible to make the experience comfortable for you.
- After Your Custom Spray Tan – After a couple of minutes you will be ready to put your clothes back on. For best results we recommend something slightly loose and dark — and preferably no jeans. In rainy weather bring boots and an umbrella! Then wait at least 8 hours to shower so that your beautiful tan will last approximately 7 days.
- Exfoliate the day before your treatment to remove dry, flaky skin that causes uneven tanning.
- We suggest a BODY SCRUB 24 hours before your tanning session.
- Shaving, waxing, facials, manicures and pedicures should be done before your tanning session.
- Your skin should be clean and dry.
- DO NOT use bar soap as the residue can interfere with tanning results.
- Remove all makeup.
- DO NOT apply lotions or perfumes prior to getting sprayed.
- Use deodorant very sparingly.
- You may tan in the garment of your choice. Bathing suits and underwear work well or feel free to go “bare” for an all-over tan.
- The DHA solution should wash out of most clothing.
- Wear loose fitting clothing for after your tanning session. Tight clothes can rub off the DHA bronzer and smear the cosmetic bronzer.
- We recommend dark clothes: loose shorts, and a loose fitting t-shirt (DO NOT WEAR JEANS).